Sunday, March 4, 2012

Suddenly Salsa


     A planned reunion of fellow researchers commenced at last! Former colleagues decided to meet up in Greenbelt and set up a video chat with Froi, who now lives in New Jersey. Everyone present seems so excited to see each other. I was hoping to take a nap before going to the meeting place but sleep seems impossible already. I was too giddy. And there they were, the same 'ol group, with  few pounds taken off from them. Everyone looked slimmer than the last time I saw them. Mommy Cheng, you really surprised me. I love the legs! Hahaha. Yvette, with still the same glamarosa aura I like. Kelly, my lovely Mrs. Smith (yes, I agree, for me you are no Nina Fuentes but an Angelina). Vin, my fellow GERD brother, why must this happen to us! Ian, I still can't believe how you've maintain that body all these years. It's all those marathons' fault noh? Jigs, you're late but that's fine, still as good looking as ever, I forgive you. Hahaha.


     Everyone is healthy, happy and hungry. Yes, I'd say they all looked great and I'm just glad we had this reunion this year, 2012, before the end of the world. Anyway, going back to the reunion...never-ending and untold stories were told; crazy antics were revived; updates on current life were revealed. Sadly, some were not able to make it but that's fine, they have to make it up next time (you know who you are, hmp!). Besides, the fun must continue.

     The group first decided to go to Glorietta 5 and see where we can set up a laptop. After what seemed like 30 mins of strolling around, looking for a suitable place to eat and hang out, we came to a decision to just go and find some diner along Makati Ave, near A.Venue and landed at Chihuahua Mexican Grill and Margarita Bar.

Hot Sauce Collection
Sarap ng Kanin-Baboy 

     It's a nice and cozy  typical Mexican diner of some sort so we just planned to have our stomachs filled and change to another place to chill and have some booze. We ordered huge servings of burritos and taco salads. They also have this huge collection of hot sauces from tabasco to hot insane ones. I haven't tried their margarita though. Too bad I can't take in any spicy food or alcoholic drinks anymore due to my GERD, right Vin?

Mirror mirror on the ball
     Upon entering the diner, I noticed the big vacant area inside. I thought at first that maybe this place provides jamming sessions for bands who'd like to play their thing but then again there were no instruments there. At 11:00 pm, much to our surprise, the place was transformed into a mini dancing hall and we were all asked by Reana, the event host, to join Salsa 101.
Focus!

     I have always loved dancing but never learned Salsa. Without hesitation, I stood up and found myself a place for the tutorial. Together with my friends, we breezed the dance floor and just let our feet do the talking this time. It was a great night! Everybody was enjoying the lessons. I immediately got into the groove and danced the night away.

Midshift
Dancing the night away
     After the lessons, the real Salsa dancing took place. A lot of salseros, (both male and female; Pinoy and foreigners) were there and danced like no one was watching. Everyone seems to have a world of their own on the dance floor. I so envy them. I miss dancing like that, like sweat is blending with your emotions as you sway away to the beat of the music. Its sooo hot and sexy. It's a must see and FEEL event! Let me just practice some more and I shall return.

Chihuahua Mexican Grill and Margarita Bar
7838 Makati Avenue, Makati (Infront of A.Venue)
Schedule of Salsa Events: Every Saturday
10:30 PM - 10:45 PM Salsa Lessons
10:45 PM - 4:00 AM   Anything-goes Salsa

Ratings
Food: 3 out of 5 stars
Event: 5 out of 5 stars

P.S. Thank you Vin for the photos and Jigs for the title

1 comment: