Saturday, March 3, 2012

Waxing Season


     Summer is officially here and it's waxing season. I'm sure everyone is busy looking for the best beach tour bargain this March, my birthday month. So together with that, bikini shopping and waxing comes next. Summer = less clothes + more skin exposure. Everybody wants to look best in their sexy swimsuits so you don't want to be caught dead wearing any outfit with hairs poking out, right? It's just too appalling if someone sees you like that so I went to my regular appointment just to be ready for any unexpected trip to any body of water.

Cubicle at SM Marikina, my fave branch
     As I made my visit with Lay Bare recently, the only waxing salon I trust btw, I remembered my first Brazilian wax experience. It was more than a year ago when an idea struck me together with my Nursing classmates: "How does it feel to be bare down there again like a small girl?" Hehehe. Curiousity strikes again! They made me guinea pig it. I have no problems with that so I conditioned my mind by reading articles about Brazilian wax just to ease up my tension. Keep in mind that there are no room for shyness and embarrassment here,  their personnel is very professional. My classmates had to wait outside the reception area, anticipating any screams that I would be making, while I lay bare on a salon bed. Prior to that I took 2 tablets of ibuprofen to counter any discomfort I may feel during the procedure. Preparations were done but nothing really could prepare you until you've had the taste of the excruciating pain of hairs being pulled out from the most sensitive skin area of your body.

     Holy Mother of God! Torture! I'm not going to sugar-coat my reaction. It's best that you know this early on.  First timers, you really have to deal with the pain. It's a given fact. The waxed area will be red, puffy and stinging like hell. No pain, no beauty...er gain, whatever. Think of it as part of an initiation rite needed for making yourself more beautiful down there. Its okay, everyone experienced that. But once you get past the first wax, you'll eventually learn to tolerate the pain and feel better. 

And now on the positive side, after the stingy feeling fades away, you'll feel naked. Its breezy, clean, smooth, and light, feeling like a little girl again. Confidence level increases as well. That's the secret of models having their photos taken wearing an itsy-bitsy-tiny-winy bikini. Make yourself a model too! You're sexy and you know it!

Happy summer waxing!



No comments:

Post a Comment