Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Good deed indeed


It's the first day of the work week. Just another boring day, I'd say. At 5 'o clock in the morning, I went out to start my travel to the office by commute. As I rode the Antipolo- Ayala FX shuttle, I saw this man rummaging through his bag for some bills. I paid my own fare and the man asked me to hand over his payment to the driver too. So I did. There was only me, him and the driver at that time. Unfortunately, the drive told him that he has no coins for his change. I'm guessing he had a hundred pesos bill for his payment. After a few seconds, the drive gave me my change. Again the man tried to look for some smaller bills in his bag but with no luck. That's when I volunteered to pay on his behalf. The man thanked me and said "God bless you!" I can't explain it , but the moment he said those words, something was lifted from me... a heavy heart?... unknown burden? I really don't know. But man, it felt good and light. I can't believe a simple deed would make my day this bright. I know its too early to tell and its still morning as I wrote all this down, but I think this feeling will me the whole day, if not the whole week even. 

No comments:

Post a Comment