Friday, February 24, 2012

I love New Bombay!

I was ever curious of this restaurant just beside 7-11 store near our offices. Faye recommended we have our lunch here and so we did. I like the ambiance, ever authentic Indian atmosphere.  Luckily, it doesn't smell like a typical Indian place (hehehe... if you know what I mean). Wooden chairs and tables were carved and designed meticulously by some artist. Drapes hung the ceiling to give it an Indian feel. The owner is also authentic... yes, that he is.
Error in the orientation :)
Baked prawns

Today is the first Friday of the Lenten season so we opted for a vegetarian/fish meal. For starters, we ordered some spicy naan and samosa (empanada with beans & curry inside). For main entree we ordered fish curry, baked prawns, and chili curry rice topped with peas and chopped string beans. 

As for the drinks, my lunch buddies just had softdrinks to neutralize the spiciness of the dishes. Not me. Because of my GERD, I had to order a mango lassi, an Indian drink, sort-of like a mango shake but more delicious. I would highly recommend that drink. Got to learn how that was made.

Samosa and naan
All yellow! Go People Power!
And onto our ever Mr-Swag-hunting. Yes, it was now my turn to be played at. We've been eyeing some guys across the table. Good looking as they were, we decided to just let them be. They might be in the middle of a business lunch meeting for all we know.

Overall rating is 4 out of 5 stars. Some of the ones in the menu we ordered were not available. Yes, they have to do something about their availability issues. But it was immediately forgotten when we began emptying the plates. The dishes were simply delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment